Thursday, August 8, 2013

Poor Tanganga

Day 7

I have no idea how this fishing village complete with river beds for streets and villagers who don’t seem to ever have enough fresh water ever got on the tourist map – there isn’t even a sign for heaven’s sake – and we would know as we missed the turn-off – twice!

But, it has and that makes it pretty deplorable. There definitely is a back-packing vibe, which sometimes is cool and fun, but here it doesn’t quite work and mostly it is a pathetic pile of sun-stroked tourists, mangy dogs, French expats, (I haven’t figured out that connection), and young Israelis just off their military service.

So our week at the idyllic beach is still a dream, but I think we have found the spot a mere 60 km north and will hopefully be off-line as of tomorrow.

Tonight I will dream of white sand between my toes and turquoise water blurring my site...
Notes to self...
Avoid Taganga unless driving a water truck.

If you must stay, Casa Davinga is the place to be. Spending a day by the pool is a good way to conserve water(fewer showers).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment